Report any errors on this page in the comment box below.
PDF OCR Transcript: INTRODUCTION The Adesso NuScan 500 5-Megapixel Visual Presenter is the ideal tool for presentations, image capturing and video recording. With this visual presenter and your computer, you can capture real-time images of 3D objects (up to 8.3 x 11.7 x 15” in size), magazines, books, documents, pictures and business cards and present through a monitor or projector. The unique down-facing lens makes repetitive image capturing, demonstrations, tutorials and lectures comfortable and simple. Along with these great features, use the included ArcSoft® MediaImpression 3 HD software with your NuScan 500 to take snapshots or record videos of just about anything, easily edit both images and videos with the advanced editing tools, plus enjoy the convenience of sharing files directly from software. ABBYY® FineReader software also accompanies your NuScan 500 and offers an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) function that scans your captured image and extracts text, making it easy to share information without retyping. The NuScan 500 combines all the great features of today’s most popular image capturing devices into one powerful product. SPECIFICATIONS • Image Sensor: 5.0 Megapixel CMOS Color Sensor • Interface: USB 2.0 • Resolution: Up to 2592 x 1944 • Image File Format: TIFF, JPG, BMP & PNG • Image Capture Speed: 1 second • Document File Format: DOC, TXT, PDF & XLS • Video File Format: WMV • Shooting Area: Up to A4 Size - 8.27” x 11.69” (210 mm x 297 mm) • Focal Length: 4” to 15” (101 mm to 381 mm) • Focus: Manual QuickGuide Model: NuScan 500 English • Frame Rate: Up to 30 frames per second (max) • LED Lights: 14 • White Balance: Auto REQUIREMENTS www.adesso.com 1 2 • Operating System: Windows® 7, Windows® Vista & Windows® XP • Connectivity Interface: USB 2.0 Port 3CONTENTS INSTALLATION Plug the USB connector into an available USB port on your computer and connect the other end of USB cable to the back of NuScan 500 Visual Presenter. A NuScan 500 Visual Presenter 4 5 6 SOFTWARE INSTALLATION
- Insert the enclosed Software CD into your computer’s CD-ROM. The installer program should start automatically. (Note: If installer program does not start automatically, browse CD content and launch setup.exe) NuScan 500 092611 V4 C Software CD
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation. 3. When prompted enter your preferred user name and the license key located on the sleeve of software CD envelope. License Key A4 D USB Cable E Reversible Soft Position Pad QuickGuide English B Quick Start Guide 5-Megapixel 8.5” x 11” Visual Presenter OS Support: Operating System: Windows® 7, Windows® Vista & Windows® XP MediaImpression HD License Key ABCDE1-FGHIJKLMN2-O34P5QR6 7 8 9 Contents: ArcSoft® MediaImpression 3 HD ABBYY® FineReader Sprint LIMITED WARRANTY Adesso provides a one year limited warranty for all of its products against defects in material and workmanship. During this period, Adesso will repair or replace any product which proves to be defective. However, Adesso will not warranty any product which has been subject to improper freight handling, shipping abuse, neglect, improper installation or unauthorized repair. The warranty will not cover products installed with components not approved by Adesso and products where the sealed assembly trace has been broken. If you discover a defect, Adesso will, at its option, repair or replace the product at no charge to you provided you return it during the warranty period with freight charges pre-paid to Adesso. Before returning any product, you must obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA). This RMA # must be clearly marked on the outside of the package you are returning for warranty service. Be certain to also include your name, shipping address (no PO Boxes), telephone number, and a copy of the invoice showing proof of purchase in the package. SUPPORT We have listed most of our FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) at: http://www.adesso.com/faqs.asp. Please visit our FAQ Service & Support pages before you contact our E-mail or Telephone Support. Email Support: If our FAQ’s do not help you resolve your issues, please email email@example.com Telephone Support: Toll Free: (800) 795-6788 9:00AM to 5:00PM PST Monday - Friday A4 5-Megapixel 8.5” x 11” Visual Presenter OS Support: Operating System: Windows® 7, Windows® Vista & Windows® XP Contents: ArcSoft® MediaImpression 3 HD ABBYY® FineReader Sprint 1.2.GETTING START
- To begin using MediaImpression HD software with NuScan 500, click
- If you would like to adjust Picture or Video settings, click on to adjust on the MediaImpression HD Edition shortcut installed on your computer Picture settings or click to adjust Video settings. For higher resolution, desktop. select preferred resolution from Snapshot drop down menu for Pictures or select preferred resolution from Video drop down for Videos (higher 2. In software main menu select Pictures for image snapshots tools or resolutions may cause a delay in video recording option). Videos for video recording tools. To obtain the best image/recording results place NuScan 500 and objects on Reversible Soft Position Pad. Preview image in software and adjust the Focus Wheel as needed to obtain clear images of objects. If natural light source is not bright enough, turn on the built-in LED 3. To begin using Nuscan 500 with software, lights to increase the brightness. select Import from bottom drop down menu, then select WebCam. DESCRIPTION Foldable Hinge USB Socket LED Lights Control Focus Wheel LED Lights Note:
- For more software details refer to the software manual(s) in the Software CD.
NuScan 500 will connect automatically to your computer (NuScan 500 is a driverless device when used with Windows® 7, Windows® Vista or Windows® XP operating systems). Your computer will recognized device as USB 2.0 Camera under Imaging Devices in Device Manager menu.
FREE ENGLISH PDF
USER GUIDE - USER MANUAL
OWNER GUIDE - OWNER MANUAL
REFERENCE GUIDE - REFERENCE MANUAL
INSTRUCTION GUIDE - INSTRUCTION MANUAL
- For more software details refer to the software manual(s) in the Software CD. NuScan 500 will connect automatically to your computer (NuScan 500 is a driverless device when used with Windows® 7, Windows® Vista or Windows® XP operating systems). Your computer will recognized device as USB 2.0 Camera under Imaging Devices in Device Manager menu. USB Port USB Cable