Report any errors on this page in the comment box below.
PDF OCR Transcript: HK624010FB EN User manual
2 www.aeg.com CONTENTS
- SAFETY INFORMATION . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3 2. SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 3. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6 4. DAILY USE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7 5. HELPFUL HINTS AND TIPS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 6. CARE AND CLEANING . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9 7. TROUBLESHOOTING . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9 8. INSTALLATION . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10 9. TECHNICAL INFORMATION . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12 10. GREAT BRITAIN & IRELAND - GUARANTEE/CUSTOMER SERVICE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12 11. EUROPEAN GUARANTEE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13 FOR PERFECT RESULTS Thank you for choosing this AEG product. We have created it to give you impeccable performance for many years, with innovative technologies that help make life simpler – features you might not find on ordinary appliances. Please spend a few minutes reading to get the very best from it. Visit our website for: Get usage advice, brochures, trouble shooter, service information: www.aeg.com Register your product for better service: www.aeg.com/productregistration Buy Accessories, Consumables and Original spare parts for your appliance: www.aeg.com/shop CUSTOMER CARE AND SERVICE We recommend the use of original spare parts. When contacting Service, ensure that you have the following data available. The information can be found on the rating plate. Model, PNC, Serial Number. Warning / Caution-Safety information General information and tips Environmental information Subject to change without notice. ENGLISH 3
- SAFETY INFORMATION Before the installation and use of the appliance, careful- ly read the supplied instructions. The manufacturer is not responsible if an incorrect installation and use cau- ses injuries and damages. Always keep the instructions with the appliance for future reference. 1.1 Children and vulnerable people safety WARNING! Risk of suffocation, injury or permanent disability. • This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they are supervised by an adult or a person who is responsible for their safety. • Do not let children play with the appliance. • Keep all packaging away from children. • Keep children and pets away from the appliance when it operates or when it cools down. Accessible parts are hot. • If the appliance has a child safety device, we recom- mend that you activate it. • Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision. 1.2 General Safety • The appliance and its accessible parts become hot during use. Do not touch the heating elements. • Do not operate the appliance by means of an exter- nal timer or separate remote-control system. • Unattended cooking on a hob with fat or oil can be dangerous and may result in fire. 4 www.aeg.com • Never try to extinguish a fire with water, but switch off the appliance and then cover flame e.g. with a lid or a fire blanket. • Do not store items on the cooking surfaces. • Do not use a steam cleaner to clean the appliance. • Metallic objects such as knives, forks, spoons and lids should not be placed on the hob surface since they can get hot. • If the glass ceramic surface is cracked, switch off the appliance to avoid the possibility of electric shock.
- SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
2.1 Installation WARNING! Only a qualified person must in- stall this appliance. • Remove all the packaging. • Do not install or use a damaged appli- ance. • Obey the installation instruction sup- plied with the appliance. • Keep the minimum distance from the other appliances and units. • Always be careful when you move the appliance because it is heavy. Always wear safety gloves. • Seal the cut surfaces with a sealant to prevent moisture to cause swelling. • Protect the bottom of the appliance from steam and moisture. • Do not install the appliance adjacent to a door or under a window. This pre- vents hot cookware to fall from the ap- pliance when the door or the window is opened. • If the appliance is installed above drawers make sure that the space, be- tween the bottom of the appliance and the upper drawer, is sufficient for air circulation. • The bottom of the appliance can get hot. Make sure to install a non-com- bustile separation panel under the ap- pliance to prevent access to the bot- tom. Electrical connection WARNING! Risk of fire and electrical shock. • All electrical connections must be made by a qualified electrician. • The appliance must be earthed. • Before carrying out any operation make sure that the appliance is dis- connected from the power supply. • Use the correct electricity mains cable. • Do not let the electricity mains cable tangle. • Make sure the mains cable or plug (if applicable) does not touch the hot ap- pliance or hot cookware, when you connect the appliance to the near sockets • Make sure the appliance is installed correctly. Loose and incorrect electrici- ty mains cable or plug (if applicable) can make the terminal become too hot. • Make sure that a shock protection is installed. • Use the strain relief clamp on cable. • Make sure not to cause damage to the mains plug (if applicable) or to the mains cable. Contact the Service or an electrician to change a damaged mains cable. • The electrical installation must have an isolation device which lets you discon- nect the appliance from the mains at all poles. The isolation device must have a contact opening width of mini- mum 3 mm. • Use only correct isolation devices: line protecting cut-outs, fuses (screw type fuses removed from the holder), earth leakage trips and contactors. 2.2 UseWARNING! Risk of injury, burns or electric shock. • Remove all the packaging, labelling and protective film (if applicable) be- fore first use. • Use this appliance in a household en- vironment. • Do not change the specification of this appliance. • Do not let the appliance stay unatten- ded during operation. • Do not operate the appliance with wet hands or when it has contact with wa- ter. • Do not put cutlery or saucepan lids on the cooking zones. They become hot. • Set the cooking zone to “off” after use. • Do not use the appliance as a work surface or as a storage surface. • If the surface of the appliance is cracked, disconnect immediately the appliance from the power supply. This to prevent an electrical shock. • When you place food into hot oil, it may splash. WARNING! Risk of fire or explosion. • Fats and oil when heated can release flammable vapours. Keep flames or heated objects away from fats and oils when you cook with them. • The vapours that very hot oil releases can cause spontaneous combustion. ENGLISH 5 • Used oil, that can contain food rem- nants, can cause fire at a lower tem- perature than oil used for the first time. • Do not put flammable products or items that are wet with flammable products in, near or on the appliance. WARNING! Risk of damage to the appliance. • Do not keep hot cookware on the con- trol panel. • Do not let cookware to boil dry. • Be careful not to let objects or cook- ware fall on the appliance. The surface can be damaged. • Do not activate the cooking zones with empty cookware or without cook- ware. • Do not put aluminium foil on the ap- pliance. • Cookware made of cast iron, alumini- um or with a damaged bottom can cause scratches on the glass or glass ceramic. Always lift these objects up when you have to move them on the cooking surface. 2.3 Care and Cleaning WARNING! Risk of damage to the appliance. • Clean regularly the appliance to pre- vent the deterioration of the surface material. • Do not use water spray and steam to clean the appliance. • Clean the appliance with a moist soft cloth. Only use neutral detergents. Do not use abrasive products, abrasive cleaning pads, solvents or metal ob- jects. 2.4 Disposal WARNING! Risk of injury or suffocation. • Contact your municipal authority for information on how to discard the ap- pliance correctly. • Disconnect the appliance from the mains supply.
• Cut off the mains cable and discard it.
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTION 1 2 145 mm 180 mm 120/210 mm 145 mm 3 5 4 6 www.aeg.com 1 Cooking zone 2 Cooking zone 3 Cooking zone 4 Control panel 5 Cooking zone 3.1 Control panel layout 1 2 3 4 Use the sensor fields to operate the appliance. The displays, indicators and sounds tell which functions operate. Sensor field Function 1 To activate and deactivate the appli- ance. 2 To activate and deactivate the outer ring. 3 Heat setting display To show the heat setting. 4 / To increase or decrease the heat set- tings. 3.2 Heat setting displays Display Description The cooking zone is deactivated.
The cooking zone operates. There is a malfunction. ENGLISH 7 Display Description A cooking zone is still hot (residual heat). Lock / The Child Safety Device operates. The Automatic Switch Off operates. 3.3 Residual heat indicator WARNING! The risk of burns from residual heat!
DAILY USEWARNING! Refer to the Safety chapters. 4.1 Activation and deactivation Touch for 1 second to activate or de- activate the appliance. 4.2 Automatic Switch Off The function deactivates the appliance automatically if: • All cooking zones are deactivated ( ). • You do not set the heat setting after you activate the appliance. • You spill something or put something on the control panel for more than 10 seconds, (a pan, a cloth, etc.). An acoustic signal sound some time and the appliance deactivates. Remove the object or clean the control panel. • You do not deactivate a cooking zone or change the heat setting. After some time comes on and the appliance deactivates. See below. • The relation between heat setting and times of the Automatic Switch Off function: • , - — 6 hours • - — 5 hours • — 4 hours • - — 1.5 hours 4.3 The heat setting Touch to increase the heat setting. Touch to decrease the heat setting. The display shows the heat setting. Touch and at the same time to deactivate the cooking zone. 4.4 Activation and deactivation of the outer ring You can adjust the surface you cook to the dimension of the cookware. To activate the outer ring touch the sen- sor field . The indicator comes on. Do the procedure again to deactivate the outer ring. The indicator goes out. 4.5 The Child Safety Device This function prevents an accidental op- eration of the appliance. To activate The Child Safety Device • Activate the appliance with . Do not set the heat settings. • Touch of the two front cooking zones for 4 seconds. The symbol comes on. • Deactivate the appliance with . To deactivate The Child Safety Device • Activate the appliance with . Do not set the heat settings. Touch of the two front cooking zones for 4 seconds. The symbol comes on. • Deactivate the appliance with .
8 www.aeg.com To override The Child Safety Device for only one cooking time • Activate the appliance with . The symbol comes on. • Touch of the two front cooking zones for 4 seconds. Set the heat set- ting in 10 seconds. You can operate the appliance. • When you deactivate the appliance with , The Child Safety Device op- erates again.
- HELPFUL HINTS AND TIPS 5.1 Cookware Information about the cookware • The bottom of the cookware must be as thick and flat as possible. • Cookware made of enamelled steel and with aluminium or copper bot- toms can cause the colour change on the glass-ceramic surface. 5.2 Energy saving How to save energy • If it is possible, always put the lids on the cookware. • Put cookware on a cooking zone be- fore you start it. • Stop the cooking zones before the end of the cooking time to use residu- al heat. • The bottom of pans and cooking zones must have the same dimension. 5.3 The Examples of cooking applications The data in the table is for guidance on- ly. Heat set- ting Use to: Time Hints 1 Keep warm the food you cooked as re- quired Put a lid on a cookware 1-2 Hollandaise sauce, melt: butter, chocolate, gelatine 5-25 min Mix from time to time 1-2 Solidify: fluffy omelettes, baked eggs 10-40 min Cook with a lid on 2-3 Simmer rice and milkbased dishes, heating up ready- cooked meals 25-50 min Add the minimum twice as much liquid as rice, mix milk dishes part procedure through 3-4 Steam vegetables, fish, meat 20-45 min Add some tablespoons of liquid 4-5 Steam potatoes 20-60 min Use max. 1⁄4 l water for 750 g of potatoes 4-5 Cook larger quantities of food, stews and soups 60-150 min Up to 3 l liquid plus ingredi- ents
ENGLISH 9 Heat set- ting Use to: Time Hints 6-7 Gentle fry: escalope, veal cor- don bleu, cutlets, rissoles, saus- ages, liver, roux, eggs, pan- cakes, doughnuts as nec- essary Turn halfway through 7-8 Heavy fry, hash browns, loin steaks, steaks 5-15 min Turn halfway through 9 Boil large quantities of water, cook pasta, sear meat (goulash, pot roast), deep-fry chips
- CARE AND CLEANING Clean the appliance after each use. Always use cookware with clean bottom. Scratches or dark stains on the glass-ceramic cause no effect on how the appliance operates. To remove the dirt: 1. – Remove immediately: melted plastic, plastic foil, and food with sugar. If not, the dirt can cause damage to the appliance. Use a special scraper for the glass . Put the scraper on the glass surface at an acute angle and move the blade on the surface . – Remove after the appliance is sufficiently cool: limescale rings , water rings, fat stains, shiny metal- lic discolorations. Use a special cleaning agent for glass ceramic or stainless steel. 2. Clean the appliance with a moist cloth and some detergent. 3. At the end rub the appliance dry with a clean cloth.
- TROUBLESHOOTING Problem Possible cause Remedy You cannot activate the appliance or operate it. The appliance is not con- nected to an electrical supply or it is connected incorrectly. Check if the appliance is correctly connected to the electrical supply (re- fer to connection dia- gram). Activate the appliance again and set the heat setting in less than 10 seconds. You touched 2 or more sensor fields at the same time. Touch only one sensor field.
10 www.aeg.com Problem Possible cause Remedy There is water or fat stains on the control panel. Clean the control panel. An acoustic signal sounds and the appli- ance deactivates. An acoustic signal sounds when the appli- ance is deactivated. You put something on one or more sensor fields. Remove the object from the sensor fields. The appliance deacti- vates. You put something on the sensor field . Remove the object from the sensor field. The residual heat indica- tor does not comes on. The cooking zone is not hot because it operated only for a short time. If the cooking zone oper- ated sufficiently long to be hot, speak to the service centre. You cannot activate the outer ring. Activate the inner ring first. The sensor fields be- come hot. The cookware is too large or you put it too near to the controls. Put large cookware on the rear cooking zones if necessary. comes on. The Automatic Switch Off operates. Deactivate the appliance and activate it again. comes on. The Child Safety Device function operates. Refer to the chapter “Daily Use”. and number comes on. There is an error in the appliance. Disconnect the appli- ance from the electrical supply for some time. Disconnect the fuse from the electrical system of the house. Connect it again. If comes on again, speak to the serv- ice centre. If you tried the above solutions and can- not repair the problem, speak to your dealer or the customer service. Give the data from the rating plate, three digit letter code for the glass ceramic (it is in the corner of the glass surface) and an error message that comes on. Make sure, you operated the appliance correctly. If not the servicing by a cus- tomer service technician or dealer will not be free of charge, also during the warranty period. The instructions about the customer service and conditions of guarantee are in the guarantee booklet.
- INSTALLATION WARNING! Refer to the Safety chapters. Before the installation
rect Before the installation of the appliance, built-in units and work surfaces record the information below from the that align to the standards. rating plate. The rating plate is on the bottom of the appliance casing. • Model ........................... • PNC ............................. • Serial number .................... 8.2 Connection cable • Use the correct mains cable of type H05BB-F Tmax 90°C (or higher) for a single phase or two phase connection. 8.1 Built-in appliances • Replace the damaged mains cable with a special cable (type H05BB-F • Only use the built-in appliances after you assemble the appliance into cor- Tmax 90°C or higher). Speak to your local Service Centre. 8.3 Assembly min. 500mm min. R 5mm 50mm min. 55mm 490+1mm 560+1mm min. 12 mm min. 20 mm min. 28 mm ENGLISH 11
12 www.aeg.com If you use a protection box (an additional accessory1)), the protective floor directly below the appliance is not necessary. You can not use the protection box if you install the appliance above an oven. 1) The protection box accessory may not be available in some countries. Please contact your local supplier.
- TECHNICAL INFORMATION Model HK624010FB Prod.Nr. 949 595 129 01 Typ 58 HAD 03 AO 220-240 V 50-60 Hz Made in Germany Ser.Nr. .......... 6.4 kW AEG Cooking zones power Cooking zone Nominal Power (Max heat setting) [W] Right rear —180 mm 1800 W Right front — 145 mm 1200 W Left rear — 145 mm 1200 W Left front — 120/210 mm 750/2200 W
- GB IE GREAT BRITAIN & IRELAND - GUARANTEE/ CUSTOMER SERVICE
10.1 Standard guarantee conditions: We, Electrolux, undertake that if within 12 months of the date of the purchase this Electrolux appliance or any part thereof is proved to be defective by rea- son only of faulty workmanship or mate- rials, we will, at our option repair or re- place the same FREE OF CHARGE for la- bour, materials or carriage on condition that: • Appliance has been correctly installed and used only on the electricity supply stated on the rating plate. • Appliance has been used for normal domestic purposes only, in accord- ance with manufacturer's instructions. • Appliance hasn't been serviced, main- tained, repaired, taken apart or tam- pered with by person not authorised by us. ENGLISH 13 • Electrolux Service Force Centre must undertake all service work under this guarantee • Any appliance or defective part re- placed shall become the Company's property. • This guarantee is in addition to your statutory and other legal rights. and postcode, your telephone number, clear concise details of the fault, model and serial number of the appliance (found on the rating plate), the purchase date. Please note a valid purchase re- ceipt or guarantee documentation is re- quired for in guarantee service calls. Exclusions • Damage, calls resulting from trans- port, improper use, neglect, light bulbs, removable parts of glass, plas- tic. • Costs for calls to put right appliance which is improperly installed, calls to appliances outside United Kingdom. • Appliances found to be in use within a commercial environment, plus those which are subject to rental agree- ments. • Products of Electrolux manufacturer that are not marketed by Electrolux Customer Care.Please contact our Cus- tomer Care Department: Electrolux Ma- jor Appliances, Addington Way, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 9QQ or visit our web- site at www.electrolux.co.uk Custom- er Care Depart- ment, Tel: (Calls may be recor- ded for training purpo- ses) Tel: (Calls may be recor- ded for training purpo- ses) Tel: (Calls may be recor- ded for training purpo- ses) Electro- lux 08445 613 613 08445 613 613 AEG- Electro- lux 08445 611 611 08445 611 611 Service and Spare Parts.Please contact your local Service Force Centre: 08445 616 616(Call will be routed to Service Force Centre covering your postcode area). For address of local Service Force Centre and further information, please visit: www.serviceforce.co.uk Before calling out an engineer, please ensure you have read the details under the heading "What to do if... / Trouble- shooting". When you contact the Service Force Centre you will need to give the following details: Your name, address Zanussi- Electro- lux 08445 612 612 For Customer Service in The Republic of Ireland please contact us at the address below: Electrolux Group (Irl) Ltd, Long Mile Road, Dublin 12, Republic of Ireland Tel: +353 (0)1 4090751, Email: serv- firstname.lastname@example.org
- EUROPEAN GUARANTEE GB This appliance is guaranteed by Electrolux in each of the countries listed at the back of this user manual, for the period specified in the appliance guar- antee or otherwise by law. If you move from one of these countries to another of the countries listed, the appliance guarantee will move with you subject to the following qualifications:- • The appliance guarantee starts from the date you first purchased the appli- ance which will be evidenced by pro- duction of a valid purchase document issued by the seller of the appliance. • The appliance guarantee is for the same period and to the same extent for labour and parts as exists in your new country of residence for this par- ticular model or range of appliances. • The appliance guarantee is personal to the original purchaser of the appli- ance and cannot be transferred to an- other user.
14 www.aeg.com • The appliance is installed and used in accordance with instructions issued by Electrolux and is only used within the home, i.e. is not used for commercial purposes. • The appliance is installed in accord- ance with all relevant regulations in force within your new country of resi- dence. The provisions of this European Guaran- tee do not affect any of the rights gran- ted to you by law.
- WWW.ELECTROLUX.COM Albania +355 4 261 450 Rruga “Kavajës”, ish-parku auto- buzëve, Tiranë Belgique/België/Bel- gien +32 2 7162444 Raketstraat 40, 1130 Brussel/ Bruxelles Česká Republika +420 261 302 261 Budějovická 3, Praha 4, 140 21 Danmark +45 70 11 74 00 Strevelinsvej 38-40, 7000 Frederi- cia Deutschland +49 180 32 26 622 Fürther Str. 246, 90429 Nürnberg Eesti +37 2 66 50 030 Pärnu mnt. 153, 11624 Tallinn España +34 902 11 63 88 Carretera M-300, Km. 29,900 Al- calá de Henares Madrid France 08 92 68 24 33 (0.34€/min) www.electrolux.fr Great Britain +44 8445 616 616 Addington Way, Luton, Bedford- shire LU4 9QQ Hellas +30 23 10 56 19 70 4, Limnou Str., 54627 Thessaloni- ki Hrvatska +385 1 63 23 338 Slavonska avenija 3, 10000 Za‐ greb Ireland +353 1 40 90 753 Long Mile Road Dublin 12 Italia +39 (0) 434 558500 Corso Lino Zanussi, 30 - 33080 Porcia (PN) Latvija +371 67313626 Kr. Barona iela 130/2, LV-1012, Riga Lietuva +370 5 278 06 03 Ozo 10a, LT-08200 Vilnius Luxembourg +352 42 431 301 Rue de Bitbourg, 7, L-1273 Hamm Magyarország (06-1)467-3205 +361 252 1773 H-1142 Budapest XIV, Erzsébet Királyné útja 87 Nederland +31 17 24 68 300 Vennootsweg 1, 2404 CG - Al- phen aan den Rijn
ENGLISH 15 Norge +47 81 5 30 222 Risløkkvn. 2 , 0508 Oslo Österreich 0810 955030 Herziggasse 9, 1230 Wien Polska +48 22 43 47 300 ul. Kolejowa 5/7, 01–217 Wars‐ zawa Portugal +35 12 14 40 39 39 Quinta da Fonte - Edifício Gon- çalves Zarco - Q 35 -2774-518 Paço de Arcos Romania +40 21 451 20 30 Str. Garii Progresului 2, S4, 040671 RO Schweiz - Suisse - Svizzera 0848 848 111 Industriestrasse 10, CH-5506 Mä- genwil Slovenija +38 61 24 25 731 Gerbičeva ulica 110, 1000 Ljubl‐ jana Slovensko +421 2 32 14 13 34-5 Electrolux Slovakia s.r.o., Elec‐ trolux Domáce spotrebiče SK, Galvaniho 17/B, 821 04 Bratisla‐ va Suomi 030 600 5200 Lankapuhelinverkosta 0,0828€/puhelu+0,032€/min Matkapuhelinver- kosta 0,192€/min Sverige +46 (0)771 76 76 76 Electrolux Service, S:t Göransga- tan 143, S-105 45 Stockholm Türkiye +90 21 22 93 10 25 Tarlabaşı caddesi no : 35 Tak‐ sim İstanbul Россия 8-800-200-3589 129090 Москва, Олимпийский проспект, 16, БЦ "Олимпик" Україна +380 44 586 20 60 04074 Київ, вул.Автозаводська, 2а, БЦ "Алкон"
- ENVIRONMENT CONCERNS
Recycle the materials with the symbol . Put the packaging in applicable containers to recycle it. Help protect the environment and human health and to recycle waste of electrical and electronic
appliances. Do not dispose appliances marked with the symbol with the household waste. Return the product to your local recycling facility or contact your municipal office.
FREE ENGLISH PDF
USER GUIDE - USER MANUAL
OWNER GUIDE - OWNER MANUAL
REFERENCE GUIDE - REFERENCE MANUAL
INSTRUCTION GUIDE - INSTRUCTION MANUAL