Report any errors on this page in the comment box below.
PDF OCR Transcript: BEAT 2.0 – USER MANUAL FCC ID: 2ADLJBEAT20 The device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. PRECAUTIONS On the Road Using a device while driving is illegal in many countries. Please refrain from using your mobile device while driving. Near Sensitive Electronics or Medical Equipment Don’t use your device near sensitive electronic equipment – particularly medical devices such as pacemakers – as it could cause them to malfunction. It can also interfere with the operation of fire detectors and other automatic-control equipment. While Flying Your device can cause interference with aircraft equipment. So it’s essential you follow airline regulations. And if airline personnel ask you to switch off your device, or disable its wireless functions, please do as they say. At a Gas Station Don’t use your device at gas stations. In fact, it’s always best to switch off whenever you’re near fuels, chemicals or explosives. Making Repairs Never take your device apart. Please leave that to the professionals. Unauthorized repairs could breach the terms of your warranty. Don’t use your device if the antenna is damaged, as it could cause injury. Around Children Keep your mobile out of children’s reach. It should never be used as a toy as this is hazardous. Near Explosives Turn off your device in or near areas where explosive materials are used. Always obey local laws and turn off your device when requested. Emergency Calls To make an emergency call your device must be turned on and in an area where there’s network coverage. Dial the national emergency number and press “Send”. Explain exactly where you are and don’t hang up until help has arrived. Working Temperature The working temperature for the device is between 0 and 40 degrees Celsius. Please don’t use the device outside the range. Using the device under too high or too low temperature might cause problems. At very high volume, prolonged listening to a mobile device can damage your hearing.
- PARTS AND BUTTONS OF THE DEVICE
- Front camera 2. Speaker 3. Touchscreen 4. Volume button 5. Power button 6. Menu button 7. Home button 8. Back button 9. Micro USB and charging port 10. Earphone jack 11. Rear camera 12. Flash 13. 13. Speaker Speaker 14. Mic
- TOUCH BUTTONS The button moves back one step to the previous menu/page. The button returns immediately to the main screen. The button displays a menu of recently opened applications. The button will launch the applications and settings menu.
- GETTING STARTED Charging the Battery Your phone has a built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
- To charge, connect the AC power adapter to the micro USB jack on the top side of the phone. 2. The battery icon shows the battery and charging status.
- The phone can be used even if the battery is being charged. 4. Do not attempt to replace the battery yourself, please contact an authorized repairer. Caution! Li-ion batteries contain hazardous and flammable material, handle with care. 5. Recharge the phone for at least half an hour if the phone has been in idle for a long time and fails to turn on. 6. Regularly recharge it at least once a month. Disposal of Batteries The battery contains polluting material. Please hand it in to a recycling center to dispose of it properly. Power ON/OFF ON Press the POWER button for a continuous 5 seconds until the phone turns “ON”. OFF Press the POWER button for a continuous 5 seconds. A selection menu will appear. Select “OFF” to power “OFF”. Other selections are “REBOOT” to restart the mobile and “AIRPLANE MODE” to put the mobile in fight mode. Screen Lock To lock the phone’s screen, simply press the “POWER BUTTON”. Screen Unlock When the phone is in idle mode, press the “POWER BUTTON” once to wake up the phone. Screen unlock: To unlock, swipe up as illustrated on the left:
- HOME SCREEN The home screen will look similar to the picture below. To switch between screens, simply slide your finger left or right across the display. The home screen contains shortcuts to your most-used applications and widgets. The status bar displays system information, such as current time, wireless connectivity and battery charge status.
- QUICK NOTIFICATION PANEL When you receive a notification, you can quickly view it by following the below instructions. Slide your finger from the top of the screen, down to the center to access the Notification Panel to see your notifications. Drag the notification menu down to display the second fast access menu. The menu will look similar to the below image. Through this menu, it is possible to modify the functions such as brightness, auto rotation, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and more.
- SETTINGS MENU The settings menu allows you to adjust the Tablet Cellphone System Configuration. To Change Settings:
- Touch the “Settings” menu icon on the Application menu. The Settings menu will open.
- Touch a category title to view further options on the right side of the screen. • Wi-Fi – Connect to/disconnect from wireless networks, view connection status • Data usage – Enable/disable mobile data, view current usage, set mobile data limit (note: this function is available only on devices supplied with 3G card functionality) • Bluetooth – Connect or disconnect Bluetooth devices • Display – Adjust display settings • Smart Gesture settings – “ON” / “OFF” • Audio Profiles – Adjust the different audio settings such as ringtones • Prompts and notifications – Adjust different notification settings • Storage – View your phone’s internal and external storage settings • Battery – View the status of your battery and make adjustments to power consumption • Apps – A list of all apps downloaded and running • Delete applications – Select apps to delete • Location services – Change approximate location detection, improve search results, GPS satellites • Security – Adjust phone’s security settings • Accounts – Add or remove email and Google accounts such as Gmail, Google • Language and input Select language – add to the dictionary, edit on-screen keyboard settings, vocal search, etc. • Backup and reset – Backup and restore data, perform factory reset, etc. • Date and time – Set date, time zone, time, clock format etc. • Accessibility – Set up large text, auto-rotate screen, speak password etc. • About Phone – Displays information about your phone
- INSERTING/REMOVING SIM CARDS
- When phone is powered off insert a SIM card by removing the SIM cover as illustrated above, insert your finger in the indent located near the charging port and un-clip the SIM cover, then insert the SIM card. Please take note of the direction of insertion following the diagram on the phone’s SIM port.
- After inserting a SIM card, turn on the phone and wait a few minutes for your phone to display Network information. Inserting and Removing TF Card NB: Please ensure when inserting an SD card your phone is powered “OFF” 1. Insert the TF card into the TF card slot located under the SIM card cover as explained in the Inserting/Removing SIM card section. Gently push TF card into slot until it clicks into place. 2. A prompt will be seen on the screen saying “Preparing SD card”. Removing TF Card 1. Close all applications and documents which have been opened from the TF card. 2. Select “Settings” and find “Storage” then click “Unmount SD card”. 3. A prompt will be seen on the screen saying “SD card safe to remove”. 4. Gently press the TF card to remove and pull out the TF card. Note: Insert the TF card in correct position, otherwise it will damage the card and the slot.
- MAKING AND RECEIVING CALLS Once your SIM cards are installed turn on your phone and wait a few minutes for your phone to find a network. Then select the Call icon. Here you can dial a number or select a contact from your stored contacts list to call. You can also view outgoing and incoming calls that have been made, as well as adding or removing contacts.
- ANSWERING AND REJECTING CALLS To answer a call – Slide your finger to the blue Call Answer key. To reject a Call – Slide your finger to the Red Call End key. To message – touch the message icon. Then select the Call icon. Here you can dial a number or select a contact from your
- SOFTWARE KEYBOARD The phone has a software keyboard which automatically displays when you tap the place on screen where you want text or numbers to be entered, then simply start typing. Touchscreen The touchscreen responds to finger touch. Note: • Don’t place any object on the touchscreen for it may damage or crush the screen. Single Click: Single click one icon to choose the icon or option you want. Long Press: Press and hold an icon to delete or move an icon or app. Drag: Press the icon and drag it to a different screen.
- HOW TO CONNECT TO A COMPUTER Note: • Turn on your phone before connecting the phone to a PC by USB cable.
- Use a USB cable to connect the phone with a computer. The phone will automatically detect a USB connection.
- A notification will pop up on the screen displaying USB connected, select the desired USB operation. 3. The USB connection has been successful.
- CONNECTION TO INTERNET Wireless:
- Select “Settings”. 2. Select “Wi-Fi” and slide OFF to ON status.
- All detected wireless networks in the area will be listed. Click to select desired wireless connection. 4. Enter network key if necessary.
- Once connected to a wireless network, settings will be saved.
- Wireless icon will appear on the taskbar when connected successfully. Note: • When the phone detects the same wireless network in the future, the device will connect to he network automatically with the same password record.
- MOBILE DATA AND INTERNET Please CONNECTION Note: Cell Data may be turned “OFF” as a factory setting, to allow data to flow through your network provider please turn Cell Data “ON” either from your quick drop down menu or in > Settings > Cell Data, you will not be able to access the Internet when Cell Data is “OFF” and not connected to Wi-Fi. NB: Mobile Data charges apply when this setting is “ON” – Data will be passed through your network provider. Web Browsing Connect to the Internet and launch the browser. Type in the desired browsing URL. Select “Settings”, select Bluetooth from “OFF” to “ON”. Search for the device you would like to pair with and select “PAIR”. You will see a message “Connected Successfully”. Touch the icon to enter camera mode and the interface is shown as follows:
- Touch the icon to take a photo.
- Touch the icon to start camera recording.
- Touch the icon on the top right to see the previous picture and to delete, share or set it as a wallpaper. Click the return button to exit camera interface.
- Touch the icon to switch from front to back camera.
- Touch the icon to sw itch from front to bac k camera.
- TROUBLE SHOOTING How to Close Applications When an application is not responding you can manually shut the app down in “Running Services” menu. This will ensure the system responds as desired. Please shut down all idle applications to release memory and get the system speed back to normal.
- CAMERA To close the application, click the icon on the shortcut bar to enter the system configuration interface. Select the Application Running and the interface is shown as follows: Tap the application you want to close. A pop-up window will be displayed. Tap “Stop” to close that application. Power “OFF” / Restart / Reset the Phone
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds and the device will be powered down. 2. Press the reset button located under the power button with a sharp object and the device will be forced to restart. Restore Default Setting If you want to reset the phone to factory settings and erase all materials, please press Settings Backup and reset Factory data reset WARNING: Factory Data Reset setting will delete ALL your data and system configuration as well as any downloaded apps. Please use this function carefully. SPECIFICATIONS CPU/PCB SOLUTION: Quad-core MTK 6580 DISPLAY: 4''WVGA(480800)TN Capacitive SIM CARD SUPPORT: SINGLE SIM RAM: 512M ROM: 8G 2G/GPRS/WAP/EDGE: 850/900/1800/2100MHz 3G: 1900/850 WI-FI: YES/802.11b/g/n FRONT CAMERA: 0.3MP REAR CAMERA: 2MP FM RADIO: BLUETOOTH: GPS: TF CARD SUPPORT: CHARGER: USB: AUDIO JACK: BATTERY CAPACITY(mAH): OS: OTHER: YES Version 4.0 YES Up to 32GB - Not Included DC 5V-1A 5PIN Micro USB 3.5mm 4ends; supports iPhone headset 1300 mAh ANDROID 5.1 FM Radio, torch, G-sensor Images used are for illustration purposes only and may differ from actual product.
FREE ENGLISH PDF
USER GUIDE - USER MANUAL
OWNER GUIDE - OWNER MANUAL
REFERENCE GUIDE - REFERENCE MANUAL
INSTRUCTION GUIDE - INSTRUCTION MANUAL