Report any errors on this page in the comment box below.
PDF OCR Transcript: V2.5 Supplemental Manual EN Contents Theatre mode...................................................................................................3 Improved labeling of the USER DEFINED keys and USER DEFINED knobs.....7 Dante Domain Manager (DDM)......................................................................8 Improved screen encoder operation .............................................................10 Improved channel name display ...................................................................10 Improved HY SLOT4 feature..........................................................................10 Addition input patch setting .........................................................................10 Expanded MIDI transmission/reception on/off function .............................11 Additional option in the GAINS SHOWN ON OVERVIEW SCREEN section....12 Additional library function.............................................................................13 CONTENTS 2 RIVAGE PM series V2.5 Supplemental Manual CONTENTS Theatre mode
- Press the UNIT MODE tab. This mode is suitable for use in theatres. It enables you to store EQ and dynamics settings in four banks and assign one of those banks to each actor on stage. In Theatre mode, EQ or dynamics parameter settings are not stored in each scene. Only information regarding which bank is used will be stored. Therefore, fine adjustments made while using Theatre mode will be applied to the appropriate settings in scenes that use the same bank. You don’t need to use the Global Paste function to update the settings. You can view and manage these four banks for each actor in the actor library, which makes it easy to switch double-cast actors or accommodate a sudden cast substitution. Channel libraries in Theatre mode include all four bank settings. Channel EQ and dynamics settings configured in Default mode cannot be used in Theatre mode. Similarly, settings configured in Theatre mode cannot be used in Default mode. NOTE In Preview mode, EQ and dynamics parameter settings are not applicable. ■ To switch to Theatre mode:
- Press the THEATRE button to change the mode.
A popup confirmation window appears, informing you that the control surface will be rebooted after the mode is switched.
- Press the OK button.
- Press the SETUP button to access the SETUP screen.
- Press the MAINTENANCE button to access the MAINTENANCE popup window. 3 RIVAGE PM series V2.5 Supplemental Manual CONTENTS Theatre mode ■ To switch to Theatre mode on the DSP engine: SELECTED CHANNEL VIEW screen
- Press the [MENU] key on the front panel of the DSP engine. If you select Theatre mode for the UNIT MODE and press the BANK display button, the SELECTED CHANNEL VIEW screen for an input channel will display the following information. 2. Use the [▲]/[▼] keys to select “Unit Mode”.
- Press the [ENTER] key.
- Use the [▲]/[▼] keys to select “Theatre”. Unit Mode Theatre
- Press the [ENTER] key.
- The word “DONE” appears, and then the DSP engine restarts. BANK display button If this button is turned on, the EQ and Dynamics 1 & 2 graphs, and the bank switching buttons will appear. EQ graph This field graphically indicates the approximate EQ and filter response. Bank switching buttons These buttons enable you to switch banks for EQ and Dynamics 1 & 2. Press the selected button to access the NAME EDIT popup window. The corresponding bank and bank name will appear in the EQ and dynamics fields. If the EQ and Dynamics 1 & 2 are linked to a bank, the same bank name will appear in these EQ and dynamics fields. Bank LINK button If this button is turned on, you can link and switch banks (A–D) for the EQ and Dynamics 1 & 2 all together as a group. Dynamics graph This field graphically indicates the input/output responses of the dynamics processors 1 and 2. 4 RIVAGE PM series V2.5 Supplemental Manual
CONTENTS Theatre mode
■ Additional display in Theatre mode The actor library name appears on the NAME popup button. In Theatre mode, the NAME/ICON EDIT popup window (accessed by pressing the NAME popup button) will display the name of the actor library on the ACTOR LIBRARY popup button. Press the ACTOR LIBRARY popup button to display the ACTOR LIBRARY popup window. 5 RIVAGE PM series V2.5 Supplemental Manual OVERVIEW screen If Theatre mode is selected for UNIT MODE, the OVERVIEW screen will contain the following information. The actor library name appears in the channel name area. (Press the [SHIFT] key to return to the normal CUE status display.) If the EQ or dynamics parameters are modified, an asterisk (*) will be added to the actor library name.
Bank select buttons These buttons enable you to switch banks for EQ and Dynamics 1 & 2. HPF/EQ popup window DYNAMICS 1/2 popup window
CONTENTS Theatre mode
■ To set up a actor library: UPDATE EDITED button
- Press the PATCH button on the menu bar to access the PATCH screen. Updates all edited channel library settings. RECALL EDITED button Recalls all edited channel library settings. DEFAULT ALL button Cancels all channel library settings and initializes the current EQ and dynamics data in four banks.
- Configure and/or edit a desired actor library as necessary.
NOTE • The CH COPY function will not copy any channel-related actor libraries. The CH MOVE function will move a actor library. • Input EQ library and dynamics library are shared by Default mode and Theatre mode. However, the EQ and dynamics parameter settings for the input channel library are not shared by both modes. Therefore, in Theatre mode, the EQ and dynamics parameters for input channels will be excluded from being the target of a recall operation.
- Press the ACTOR tab to access the ACTOR LIBRARY screen. INPUT NAME column Indicates the input channels that can be assigned to a actor library. ACTOR LIBRARY column Indicates the names of configured actor libraries. Press one of the library names to access the ACTOR LIBRARY popup window, in which you can configure the corresponding actor library. UPDATE button Updates the library to reflect current data. RECALL button Recalls the library assigned to the corresponding channel. The edited current data will be overwritten by the recalled library data. DEFAULT button Cancels the library settings and initializes the current data in four banks for EQ and dynamics. INPUT NAME select knob Use the corresponding screen encoder or the [TOUCH AND TURN] knob. 6 RIVAGE PM series V2.5 Supplemental Manual
CONTENTS Improved labeling of the USER DEFINED keys and USER DEFINED knobs
Improved labeling of the USER DEFINED keys and USER DEFINED knobs
- Press a USER DEFINED KEYS (or USER DEFINED KNOBS) button to open the USER DEFINED KEYS (or USER DEFINED KNOBS) popup window. The following example uses a USER DEFINED key. You can now edit the labels for USER DEFINED keys and USER DEFINED knobs. ■ To edit the labels:
- Press the LABEL tab.
- Press the SETUP button to access the SETUP screen.
7 RIVAGE PM series V2.5 Supplemental Manual CONTENTS Dante Domain Manager (DDM)
- Press the desired USER DEFINED KEYS (or USER DEFINED KNOBS) button to open the USER DEFINED KEYS LABEL (or USER DEFINED KNOBS LABEL) popup window. You can now view the configuration status of the Dante Domain Manager (DDM). If the DDM server exists on a network or if the unit is joined to a domain, the DANTE SETUP popup window will display the DANTE DOMAIN MANAGER section. DANTE SETUP popup window USER DEFINED KEYS (or USER DEFINED KNOBS) display Indicates the function assigned to the corresponding USER DEFINED key (or USER DEFINED knob). Press the + button to select the next option, and the - button to select the previous option. USER DEFINED key (or USER DEFINED knob) labeling fields You can use the keyboard to edit the names of the function (TITLE) and parameters (LINE 1-3) that have been assigned to the corresponding USER DEFINED key (or USER DEFINED knob). If the LINE1 or LINE2 field is filled with five or fewer characters, those STATE characters will be displayed in a larger font. Indicates the status of the domain join. Some parameters (such as the TAP TEMPO’s BPM value) cannot be • Domain: The unit is joined to a domain. changed. • Disconnected: The unit is joined to a domain, but not connected to the DDM server. • Unmanaged: The unit is not joined to a domain. LED color select buttons Enable you to select the LED color. LOCAL DEFAULT button Press this button to return the assigned function, parameter and channel color to their default settings. Indicates the access status of the Dante settings (including DANTE PATCH) of the currently- operated unit. • Read Write: You can modify the settings. • Read Only: You cannot modify the settings. NOTE If you modified the settings for a function that was assigned to the USER DEFINED key, the settings will revert to their default values.
- Edit the label as necessary. 8 RIVAGE PM series V2.5 Supplemental Manual
Dante Domain Manager (DDM)
CONTENTS Dante Domain Manager (DDM) REMOTE ■ Supplemental information regarding the DSP mirroring operation on the Indicates the access status of the Dante settings of the external Dante device. Dante audio network • Operator: The settings can be both read and written. • Guest: The settings can only be read, but not written. If the primary (active) DSP engine fails, the secondary (standby) DSP engine will automatically take over all input/output patches for the TWINLANe network, and the audio will continue seamlessly. • None: The settings cannot be read. However, the secondary DSP engine will not take over the patches for the Dante audio network. LATENCY field Indicates the currently-selected latency. If the unit is off-line, the field will indicate “----”. Consequently, you need to configure these patches separately. Configure input patches in advance to the Dante cards (HY144-D, HY144-D-SRC) installed in HY SLOT3 on both active and standby DSP engines. Assign a unique control ID to active and standby SYNC TO EXTERNAL button DSP engines. In addition, apply the same With Recall settings to both DSP engines. If this button is turned on, the unit will synchronize with the word clock supplied from the HY Configure output patches from the Dante cards (HY144-D, HY144-D-SRC, Dante MY16-AUD slot. card) that are installed on the RPio622/222. Screen variation These settings will prevent audio input/output and HA control from being interrupted even when a failover occurs, and the audio will continue seamlessly. Part of the following screens will vary depending on the REMOTE setting. Please note that the Dante patches for the Dante card (HY144-D, HY144-D-SRC) inserted in the standby DSP engine cannot be configured in advance. Prepare a Dante preset separately and switch it over manually after a failover occurs. Also, HA control is possible only from a Dante card (HY144-D, HY144-D-SRC) installed in HY SLOT 3 on the DSP engine. 9 RIVAGE PM series V2.5 Supplemental Manual DANTE I/O DEVICE [I/O] screen SYSTEM CONFIG popup window RPio M1 HY-256TL HY144-D/ HY144-D-SRC Dante MY16-AUD2 Dante MY16-AUD2 HY-256TL HY-256TL ID # 1 ID # 2 Rio DSP 1A HY144-D/ DSP 1B HY144-D/ HY144-D-SRC HY144-D-SRC ID 001 Rio ID 002 Network Rio Switch ID 003 CONTENTS Improved screen encoder operation Improved screen encoder operation You can now use the screen encoders to edit EQ and dynamics parameters on the SELECTED CHANNEL VIEW screen. HY SLOT4 (HY SLOT3 on the CSD-R7) now supports input/output patches. Due to this improvement, output channels are now patched via the OUTPUT tab, not on the RECORDING tab. The encoder numbers displayed on the screen correspond to the actual screen encoder numbers. When you modify input patches, you can now select TAKE FROM PORT or TAKE FROM Improved channel name display CHANNEL. If you select TAKE FROM PORT, the HA parameter settings retained by the patched port will be used as is. If you select TAKE FROM CHANNEL, the HA parameter settings retained by the input channel will be copied to the destination port. In SENDS ON FADER mode, the channel on/off status is now indicated in the channel name display area on the panel. INPUT patch screen 10 RIVAGE PM series V2.5 Supplemental Manual EQ Dynamics Channel on Channel off ch 1 ch 1 CH 1 -∞ CH 1 -∞ During channel mute, the channel name will be highlighted in the same way as when the channel is off, but it will also be flashing. Improved HY SLOT4 feature Addition input patch setting CONTENTS Expanded MIDI transmission/reception on/off function If the TAKE FROM CHANNEL button is turned on, the following HA parameter settings will be copied to the destination port. If you make an input patch from an input that does not retain the HA settings, the initial settings will be used. • HA parameters and initial values HA gain (−6 dB) HPF ON/OFF (OFF) +48V ON/OFF (OFF) You can now use USER DEFINED keys and GPI to turn MIDI transmission and reception on and off. GC ON/OFF (OFF) Ø ON/OFF (OFF) HPF Frequency (80 Hz) SILK ON/OFF (OFF) SILK RED/BLUE (RED) ■ Supported operations • Using USER DEFINED keys to turn MIDI transmission and reception on and off for the control surface • Using GPI on the control surface to turn MIDI transmission and reception on and off for the control surface SILK (0.0) • Using GPI on the ESP engine to turn MIDI transmission and reception on and off for the DSP M/S ON/OFF (OFF) engine M/S S-GAIN (STEREO) ■ Supported parameters These buttons (TAKE FROM PORT and TAKE FROM CHANNEL) have also been added to the INPUT PATCH popup window. • MIDI PROGRAM CHANGE • MIDI CONTROL CHANGE USER DEFINED KEYS popup window 11 RIVAGE PM series V2.5 Supplemental Manual Expanded MIDI transmission/reception on/off function CONTENTS Additional option in the GAINS SHOWN ON OVERVIEW SCREEN section
GPI SETUP popup window The options for the GAIN knob displayed in the GAIN section of the OVERVIEW screen now include AUTO A.G./D.G., in addition to the existing ANALOG GAIN and DIGITAL GAIN options. Additional option in the GAINS SHOWN ON OVERVIEW SCREEN section
SCREEN SETTINGS tab on the PREFERENCE popup window If AUTO A.G./D.G. was selected for a bay, and if analog gain is present at a port patched to the channel, this tab will indicate the analog gain option. Meanwhile, if analog gain is not present at the patched port, the tab will indicate the digital gain option. 12 RIVAGE PM series V2.5 Supplemental Manual CONTENTS Additional library function
Additional library function Focus parameters (including Focus function on/off) can now be pasted by using the Global Paste function. All Focus settings can now be stored or recalled as a library. These are the parameters that are cofigureable on the SCENE SETUP (FOCUS) popup window. Focus library data and actor library data have been added as options on the SCENE tab and INPUT/ OUTPUT tab respectively for loading and saving.
13 RIVAGE PM series V2.5 Supplemental Manual Yamaha Pro Audio global website https://www.yamaha.com/proaudio/ Yamaha Downloads https://download.yamaha.com/ Manual Development Group © 2018 Yamaha Corporation Published 09/2018 IP-A0
FREE ENGLISH PDF
USER GUIDE - USER MANUAL
OWNER GUIDE - OWNER MANUAL
REFERENCE GUIDE - REFERENCE MANUAL
INSTRUCTION GUIDE - INSTRUCTION MANUAL